Dear GAFCON Supporter,
Thank you for your continued partnership in prayer for the GAFCON movement. Let us give thanks to the living God who hears and answers prayer as we come to him in faith and persevere in prayer that God will be gloried in his Church.
- The wise and courageous ministry of our former Chairman, Archbishop Eliud Wabukala, as he steps down as Primate of Kenya at the end of this month.
- The leadership of our new Chairman, Archbishop Nicholas Okoh who is already speaking prophetically into the continuing crisis of the Anglican Communion.
- The successful launch of a new Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans in New Zealand (FCANZ) in April with nearly 500 present, including many leaders of the larger churches.
- The April GAFCON Primates Council in Nairobi with expanded representation. Confirmation of GAFCON 2018 and the launch of the Bishops Training Institute demonstrating the continued growth of the movement.
- Archbishop-elect Jackson Ole Sapit as he is enthroned as the sixth archbishop of Kenya on Sunday 3rd July with many of the GAFCON Primates in attendance.
- Plans are now well advanced for the first meeting of the GAFCON Bishops Training Institute, due to take place during September in Kenya. Pray for the Director, Bishop Samson Mwaluda, for smooth organization and for the equipping of the bishops nominated by their Primates as godly leaders.
- The drift of Anglicanism in Great Britain away from the Bible is accelerating rapidly as shown by three recent developments:
- Susan Goff, an Assistant Bishop from the TEC Diocese of Virginia has been appointed as an Assisting Bishop in the Diocese of Liverpool, despite her open support for same sex marriage and litigation against orthodox congregations. This is a very significant step towards normalising false teaching in the Church of England.
- A priest from Oxford Diocese led a celebration of the same marriage of Tutu Van Furth to her partner in Cape Town with the permission of the acting bishop of Oxford who claimed the priest’s actions fell within Church of England guidelines.
- On June 10th, the General Synod of the Scottish Episcopal Church voted by a very substantial majority to remove from its marriage canon the doctrinal clause which states that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Pray for wisdom, courage and perseverance for GAFCON UK leaders in Great Britain in the face of great pressure on the orthodox to compromise, and that they will be encouraged by the worldwide fellowship of the GAFCON family.